Thursday, November 18, 2021

Still Here


I am in a mental health group for self-esteem right now.  As part of homework, we were supposed to write ten positive things about ourselves. This is not actually a challenge for me.  In fact, it has become so not a challenge for me that I wonder if I'm not almost avoiding it by saying it has become easy.  I thought I should sit down and write an actual list, and not make it trivial things, but put some work into it.  These are ten things I like about myself, in this moment (when I'm writing, obviously, not when you are reading, the only moment you have access to, pbltttt).

  1. I am willing to say, "fuck it," and get on with things.
  2. I see a world beneath the world, that I don't know how to describe, but that brings depth and value to my observations.
  3. I have strong access to intuitive tools of understanding.
  4. I empower growth in others.
  5. I am deeply empathic.
  6. I am open to any exercise or activity.
  7. I am agile and dexterous.
  8. I get stronger fast.
  9. I am honest and open that I need help with my depression.
  10. I love unconditionally.

This list is in no particular order, and is not comprehensive.  It is a good list for this moment.