Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Why, What-for, and Whereto

This site is a series of vignettes from my life combined with poetry that I write when either, I can't think of a story right now or I hurt too much and the pain bleeds out into words.  Someday, I'd like to publish my memoirs.  I love storytelling in general and my life is so full of "truth is stranger than fiction" moments that creating and telling stories from my life is one of my simplest joys.

If you like what you read here, please let me know.  I'm toying with the idea of writing fiction, but so far, I find the idea too intimidating to tackle.  I guess I need to get on doing one thing a day that scares me.

I've written several of the stories here before, sometimes in email, sometimes in some form of chat.  I've told most of these stories countless time in person.  At parties, if I am silent, most of the time it is because I don't want to hijack the conversation more than I don't have anything to say.  My stories might not all be from the sea, but I think they  are salty enough for even the most road weary warrior to find some enjoyment inside.

If you enjoy reading these, please let me know.  I need a little encouragement to keep writing.  Who knows, your kind words could be all that is needed to keep the next Shakespeare going.  Or, they could just fuel my rise into obscurity.  Either way, I will appreciate it immensely.