Thursday, January 6, 2022

Words from Inside

This was written in an emergency room while under observation for suicidality. It is the result of a mind in severe emotional pain releasing some of that pain one of the only ways it knows how. Some readers could find this content traumatic or triggering. Please use discretion.




Words from Inside

word lampreys
sucking meaning straight from cortex
pre neural impulse
twixt the space tween two pupils
letting no one learn the chaos inside

shaking
tearing
screaming

as words, not art, but blood
leak out across the page
and lie




Though I wrote these words, I'm not even sure that I understand them all. I do know that almost every word that can contain multiple meanings is intended to use at least two of those meanings here. sucking, impulse, pupils, learn, letting, chaos, inside, lie. I can't even trace all the double and triple and quadruple meanings that were blowing through me as I first etched these words in colored pencil on a scrap of printer paper. It took me weeks before I could work with these words enough to publish them here.